Monday 26 September 2011

Breaking News: REM Breaks Up! Also, REM Were Still Together!!!

Back when musicians actually played instruments
 REM, the indie band from Cretaceous period, has broken up this week which is pretty big news since they formed around the same time as the earth did.  I mean they were together back when the term 'trio' was still popular in music which must be around the same time my Grandfather killed his first German.  Frankly, I can't believe they stayed together this long, how sad is it that REM lasted longer than most marriages? 

What's also impressive is that a band that looks like the science department from a Jr College managed to achieve mainstream success.  But, despite their "widespread appeal" they have finally decided to call it quits for what I'm assuming is to spend more time with their grand kids.  When approached for a comment the president of their fan club was heard saying "The nurses are stealing my meds!"

No comments:

Post a Comment